Become a UCanImport Subscriber for only $19.99
Click to subscribe...

Learn how to import cars from the United States into Canada
U.S. Trip Permits
Trip PermitsAs discussed in Section Five of the UCanImport Guide, you will require a U.S. Trip permit to retrieve your vehicle, whether from the seller, or from a transporter at a U.S. border crossing. Below we've compiled the trip permit details for a number of states.

We will continue to update this information on an ongoing basis, however if you are purchasing from a state that is not yet included here, you can check also visit the national listing of Motor Vehicle Administrator offices located on the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) web site.

  • Arizona
  • California
  • Iowa
  • Maine
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • New York
  • North Dakota
  • Oregon
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Vermont
  • Washington State
  • Wisconsin

Help us keep this information up to date! If you find any discrepancies, omissions or broken links, please let us know at or by using the online inquiry form. We will make the update(s) immediately for the benefit of all fellow vehicle importers.

Importation Management Services

Are you interested in taking advantage of the great vehicle selection and pricing in the United States, but would prefer to have an expert by your side throughout the importation process? UCanImport offers its professional importation management services to ensure your importation goes smoothly. Click here for more details.