2007 Infiniti G37 Coupe Imported from St. James, New York to Quebec, Canada
Nov 03, 2007
USA Origin: St. James, New York State
Canadian Destination: Quebec
Estimated NET savings: Approximately CAD$11,200.00
The example below is from a UCanImport Guide Subscriber who imported a 2008 Nissan Infiniti G37 luxury car from the dealership Competition Infiniti, located in St. James, New York.
Summary of Savings
- Total expenses related to purchase, including purchase price in Canadian dollars, taxes (GST/PST) and levies, dinner and hotel, inspection fee, bus and airplane tickets, amounted to CAD$48,040.00.
- The same vehicle in Canada - including taxes - would be $59,254.00.
- Total savings on purchase amounted to CAD$11,214.00.
Notes to Other Importers
- Competition Infiniti was VERY accommodating and actually faxed me the title and bill of sale days before receiving my payment.
- However the US export did not accept those documents by fax. I was required to leave the car in a secure parking lot for 3 days in Burlington, leave the original Title and Bill of Sale at Champlain port of service and come back to get my car after the 3 days (note that the weekend counts for 2 days).
- The dealer faxed me the Recall Clearance Letter.
- The G37 modifications were only daytime running lights.
- The warranty is fully valid in Canada.
- Border wait time on the US side at the Champlain crossing was 5 minutes and the process on the Canadian side took about 20 minutes.
- The process of having a temporary registration for the car was confusing and complicated at the registration office SAAQ. They did not know what to do - they phoned to the main office and again confusion. Eventually I did get my temporary registation and I hope they will learn and be more knowledgeable for other future importers.
I am now the proud owner of a beautiful and new Infiniti G37 and I saved a lot of money!